i-LEC is a privately owned and operated business, based in Cairns and Townsville, specialising in Electrical & Civil Infrastructure projects, and Industrial Electrical maintenance contracts.
The company offers an integrated solution to small and large projects requiring project management, electrical, earthmoving and civil works. i-LEC specialises in Industrial Electrical Maintenance, Traffic Management Systems and Public Lighting Technical Solutions, Electrical Underground Distribution, Telecommunications as well as a diverse range of other Industrial and Commercial electrical & civil works.
Request our full profile
The company was established in March 2010 to meet the growing demands of this specialised industry with the i-LEC team having accumulated extensive industry experience. i-LEC also boasts a complete civil team with associated plant and offers a unique proposition to customers whereby civil works for electrical infrastructure are appropriately supervised by qualified electricians, as per Electrical Safety Act requirements.
i-LEC is third party accredited for Safety, Quality and Environmental management, audited and endorsed by SAI Global, so customers can be assured of a quality project, which complies with all relevant legislation.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
As a large medical specialist provider our business needs contractors who are professional, safety conscious and experts in their field. i-LEC consistently delivers on all of these points. Their staff are courteous and well presented and can work around our busy practices without disruption to our patients. Phil and his team of tradespeople are aware of our requirements and always deliver prompt, professional service.
Pat Kelleher - 2IC Cairns Region, Queensland X-Ray
i-LEC has been completing significant electrical works for Cairns Regional Council as part of our City Centre Alive CBD redevelopment project over the past 7 months. I have been very pleased with the standard of work and efficiency in their delivery of the project. I have found i-LEC to be highly responsive and adaptive to changes as they arise and the communication of management and crews on site has exceeded our expectations. I have also been impressed by the wide range of services and plant i-LEC can provide to complement their electrical works.
Scott Ivory - Construction Engineer, Cairns Regional Council
INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL ELECTRICAL
i-LEC Solutions are Electrical Contractors specialising in industrial & commercial electrical works. We are the chosen electrical maintenance provider for a number of large national chains, shopping centres, quarries, concrete plants, steel factories and body corporate service providers. Electrical Services we offer include:
- Scheduled electrical maintenance at regular intervals
- On call and emergency repairs – including 24 hour/7 days per week call out crew for existing customers
- Industrial Specialist Electricians - Including quarries, factories and concrete plants
- Hazardous Areas Qualified Electricians
- Thermal Imaging, including preparation of comprehensive reports, completed by our fully qualified electricians, trained and independently certified to operate this specialised equipment
- Electrical works for hospitals and the medical industry as per AS3003 standards Electrical Installations - Patient Areas
- Telecommunications including installation of pits, pipe, cable and end-user equipment
I-LEC Solutions understands that electrical problems at your business need to be solved promptly and safely to ensure business disruption is minimised.
We understand the legislative requirements for documentation, and can immediately provide all quality assurance documents in soft and/or hard copy on demand. We are third party accredited by SAI Global to international standards in Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
Our electricians are tidy, well-presented and courteous to ensure a professional, safe, and clean environment for your customers and staff.
- Large scale projects including re-designs and upgrades
- Electrical Construction including switchboard installation, car park lighting, electrical cable hauling
- Street lighting repairs and installations
- All electrical works requiring Elevated Work Platform, with our own 15 metre plant available
- Traffic and other Electrical Infrastructure - click here for details
- Civil works, Drilling & Hydro-excavation - click here for details
- Traffic Signals
- Commercially Trained Electricians
TRAFFIC / STREET LIGHTS & ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Commencing with the design concepts, i-LEC Solutions will work closely with you, completing all aspects of the underground civil construction components, electrical installations, through to the maintenance of hardware above ground.
i-LEC Solutions are pre-qualified to carry out Rate 3 works for the Department of Transport and Main Roads and are on the panel of preferred suppliers with Ergon Energy which allows us to deliver Rate 2 works. We are also accredited by Ergon Energy to complete UDC (Underground Distribution Construction). Our traffic signal and street lighting division have completed a multitude of works throughout Cairns, Townsville and Far North Queensland.
We are based in Cairns and Townsville, and can complete works throughout Northern Australia.
- Traffic Signals, including intersection installations, modifications, pedestrian crossings, upgrades and sequencing/coordination modifications.
- Public Lighting (including Rate 2 & Rate 3)
- Underground Distribution Construction (UDC) – Ergon accredited to construct underground electrical infrastructure on behalf of the power supply authority
- Variable Message Signage
- Speed Activated Signs
- Weigh In Motion detection systems
- Vehicular Data collection
- Piezo Installations
- Bicycle counting & counter hoses
- Flood detection early warning systems
- CCTV Camera systems & networking
- Control Cabinets and communication hubs
- Asset audits and condition reporting
- Routine Service and Maintenance
- Electrical Contractor/ Inspector
- Electrical Project Management
- Civil earthworks for all traffic infrastructure works including horizontal directional drilling & hydro-excavation – click here for further details
- Industrial and Commercial Electrical – click here for further details
- Street Lighting
We have significant experience in the delivery of electrical infrastructure works with many projects completed on behalf of the Department of Transport and Main Roads, Ergon Energy, developers and various councils. References can be provided for any or our completed works and ongoing projects and maintenance works.
CIVIL WORKS, DRILLING &
i-LEC has a team of highly skilled operators based in Cairns and Townsville, with extensive experience in large and small projects. We have well-maintained plant and equipment to complete earthworks for any electrical, plumbing, building and infrastructure projects.
i-LEC can provide specialised earthworks and civil construction including:
- Installation and repair of pits, conduit, pipeworks, stormwater, electrical, communications, and other services reticulated in the ground
- Installation of conduit, supervised by our qualified electricians to ensure correct depths, to meet requirements of the Electrical Safety Act
- Detailed excavation and trenching
i-LEC DIRECTIONAL DRILLING & HYDRO-EXCAVATION
Our team of drilling experts completes horizontal directional drilling which is a steerable, trenchless method of installing underground infrastructure including pipes, conduits and cables. We also have our own hydro-excavation crew who complete non-destructive excavation using our 3000L hydro-excavation unit.
The i-LEC group also owns a separate earthmoving company, FTH Freshwater Trackloader Hire, who can complete all general earthmoving and civil construction.
i-LEC'S SPECIALIST PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- Excavators ranging from 1.5 tonne to 12 tonne
- Hydro-vac truck mounted unit
- Vermeer D36 x 50 Horizontal Directional Drill
- Bobcat S130 skid steer loaders
- Bobcat T630 and M870 Tracked loaders with laser and sonic guided graders
- Water Trucks
- Various Rollers
- 15m Elevated Work Platform
- Floor saws and associated equipment for vehicle loop installation
- Plate compactors & trench rammers
- Generators to provide temporary power to traffic signals and street lights
- Cable trailers
- Cable hauling equipment including winches
- Site Containers
- Tip trucks
- Flat bed trucks
- Work utilities and vans
- An extensive range of street lighting spare parts and traffic signal hardware and components to allow repairs to be carried out without unnecessary delay.
- All Civil works for street lighting, traffic signals and all infrastructure works
- Construction of car parks including all earthworks, civil construction and lighting
- All civil & electrical works required for Underground Distribution Construction (UDC) – under the supervision of qualified electrical team.
ACCREDITATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
We have obtained a range of industry qualifications including:
- Third Party Accredited for Safety, Quality and Environmental management, audited and endorsed by SAI Global
- Panel member as preferred contractor with Ergon Energy for delivery of Rate 2 Lighting works
- Accreditation by Ergon Energy to complete Electrical Construction on Developer Design & Construct Underground Distribution Construction (UDC) projects.
- Pre-qualified to carry out Rate 3 works for the Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Traffic Management Accredited with the Department of Transport and Main Roads to complete our own traffic management on roads throughout Queensland
- Award-winning Master Electricians
We are active Members of the following industry associations:
We support and number of local events, charities and clubs including:
- Game day sponsor for 2013 NRL game in Cairns – Rabbitohs Vs Titans
- Northern Pride Rugby League – winners of the 2014 QRL Cup and NRL State Champions
- Naming rights sponsor of Northern Pride Cheerleaders
- Rugby League Masters
- Trinity Stingers Hockey Club
- Platinum sponsor of 2014 Special Children’s Christmas Party
- Variety Club bash sponsor
- Sponsor of various charity golf days
- Various pro-bono works including maintenance of Woree State School Road Safety Education Track
i-LEC Solutions Head Office and Workshop:
15 Redden Street
CAIRNS QLD 4870
Cairns Office: 07 4035 3000
Fax: 07 4035 5400
A/H: 0418 182 409